If you’re a serious peanut butter fan, you will love these no bake Gluten Free Nut Butter Balls!
I was experimenting with a new recipe following my success with the Orange Cacao Balls I made a few weeks back. Whilst I can’t claim they are as healthy as the orange cacao balls, they certainly taste just as good.
Filled with peanut & almond butter, walnuts, dates, cocoa/cacao powder, a splash of chia seeds and small amount of biscuits (for the crunch factor) they bring together that rich nut taste.
A worthy afternoon treat and slightly healthier than eating peanut butter straight from the jar…
Thanks for stopping by,
- 50 g plain sweet gluten free biscuits. (I used Leda gluten free Arrowroot biscuits).
- 50 g walnuts
- 100 g pitted dates, chopped in half
- 2 tablespoons cocoa or raw cacao powder, plus extra cocoa powder to coat balls
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
Process biscuits in a food processor or crush with a wooden spoon until fine crumbs formed. Set aside in a small bowl.
Process walnuts and dates together in a food processor until the walnuts are finely ground. Then add all the remaining ingredients until mixture comes together.
Form mixture into balls and dust with cocoa powder if desired.
Chill balls in refrigerator then eat!