Growing up it was rare to have a packet mix cake or muffins in our house. Both my mum and grandmother were whizzes in the kitchen and the reason why I love baking.
Living in such a fast paced society, I realise not everyone has the luxury of time or motivation to bake from scratch though. So with a growing range of gluten free packet mixes available in the supermarket, I’ve decided to have a go at baking and reviewing a packet mix product.
For my first review, I chose to bake Orgran’s Caramel Fudge Brownie Mix having eyed off the product in the supermarket for a few months. Rather than providing you with the recipe, I thought I would talk about the pros and cons of the product, but please know I have not received any form of payment or sponsorship for my product review.
Pros for Orgran’s Caramel Fudge Brownies
– Only 2 ingredients required from your pantry (eggs & butter)
– Easy recipe: simply whisk together all ingredients in one bowl
– Takes 10 minutes to prepare
– Bakes in 15-20 minutes
– The caramel flavour is spot on
– Lasts for 4 days without going dry
Cons for Orgran’s Caramel Fudge Brownies
– The caramel fudge bits are too small for my liking
– Could pass for cake more than a dense brownie
Finally, would I bake these brownies again? Yes I would.
Thanks for stopping by,
The Naughty Dietitian