These Gluten Free Cacao Brownies are jam packed full of flavour, don’t require any baking and are healthy to boot. Perfect for when you’re craving something sweet!
Not sure about you, but I tend to crave healthy treats after all the Christmas and New Year festivities. I guess a few too many pieces of Christmas pudding and cake and a handful of cocktails will do that to you.
Thanks for stopping by and also to my sister for the original recipe.
- 120 g walnuts (or pecans if desired)
- 150 g pitted dates
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 2½ tablespoons runny honey or agave nectar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Blend the nuts in a food processor until crumbly. Add dates and blend again until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until you have an even mixture, but not liquified.
Spoon mixture into a baking tray and pat down. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours before cutting into squares. Store in refrigerator.