So it’s time for another product review and this time I’m reviewing Bob’s Red Mill Brownie Mix – Gluten Free.
Jesse brought the mix home from the shops the other week and I had a chocolate craving, so thought why not bake brownies? The packaging mentions adding other ingredients like peanut butter, chocolate chips and walnuts to add some extra texture and flavour. I chose to add some pecans to mix it up!
Pros for Bob’s Red Mill Brownie Mix
– Only two ingredients required from your pantry (eggs & butter)
– Option to individualise the brownies with an extra ingredient or two
– Simple one step recipe that only requires one bowl
– Takes 10 minutes to prepare and bakes in 30 minutes
– The brownies are moist with a rich but not overpowering chocolate taste
– Brownies remain fresh for 3-4 days
Cons for Bob’s Red Mill Brownie Mix
– The brownie mixture although moist inside becomes quite dry on top
– There is no guidance regarding the amount of extra ingredients you should add to the brownie mixture
Finally, would I bake these brownies again? Yes, but only if the mixture was heavily discounted at the supermarket and I didn’t have time to make one of my own brownie recipes for visitors.
Please note all opinions are my own and I purchased this product of my own accord.
Growing up it was rare to have a packet mix cake or muffins in our house. Both my mum and grandmother were whizzes in the kitchen and the reason why I love baking.
Living in such a fast paced society, I realise not everyone has the luxury of time or motivation to bake from scratch though. So with a growing range of gluten free packet mixes available in the supermarket, I’ve decided to have a go at baking and reviewing a packet mix product.
For my first review, I chose to bake Orgran’s Caramel Fudge Brownie Mix having eyed off the product in the supermarket for a few months. Rather than providing you with the recipe, I thought I would talk about the pros and cons of the product, but please know I have not received any form of payment or sponsorship for my product review.
Pros for Orgran’s Caramel Fudge Brownies
– Only 2 ingredients required from your pantry (eggs & butter)
– Easy recipe: simply whisk together all ingredients in one bowl
– Takes 10 minutes to prepare
– Bakes in 15-20 minutes
– The caramel flavour is spot on
– Lasts for 4 days without going dry
Cons for Orgran’s Caramel Fudge Brownies
– The caramel fudge bits are too small for my liking
– Could pass for cake more than a dense brownie
Finally, would I bake these brownies again? Yes I would.
Thanks for stopping by,
The Naughty Dietitian