In my family these Gluten Free Chocolate Coconut Balls are known as “Nothings” but you might know these bite size treats as Rum Balls or Golf Balls? They only require 4 ingredients and don’t require any baking which always makes for a great recipe!
They are often made when my family get together to celebrate a Birthday or Christmas. The problem is they always seem to disappear from the table. So these days we make a separate batch for my brother so everyone else gets to enjoy them too!
With thanks to my wonderful Nan and sister for the original recipe I modified to be Gluten Free.
Chocolate Coconut Balls Gluten Free
Servings: 20 balls
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 375 g Gluten free plain sweet biscuits (I use a combination of half Arnott's GF rice cookies and Leda GF Arrowroot Biscuits)
- 395 g sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- Extra coconut for rolling
- Process biscuits in food processor until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. If you don't have a food processor use a rolling pin to crush biscuits.
- Combine biscuits, ½ cup coconut, condensed milk and cocoa in a medium size bowl.
Roll 1 tablespoon of mixture (or desired amount into a ball roll) in remaining coconut to coat. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Cover chocolate coconut balls with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Then serve.