Today I’m sharing these Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies. If you have followed my blog for a while you are probably aware I love to cook with peanut butter. I have shared my recipes for peanut butter chocolate brownies, peanut butter cupcakes and flourless peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips. So it should come as no surprise that I would visit the Hersheys store in Times Square, New York on my honeymoon and bring home Reese’s peanut butter chips to use for baking.
Now that I’ve been back home just over a month and wishing I could still be on my honeymoon (or any holiday for that matter), I thought it would be a nice treat to make some chocolate cookies with these yummy peanut butter chips.
It was the perfect way to end the weekend.
Thanks for reading.
- 125 g milk chocolate, chopped
- 100 g butter, chopped
- 2 cups gluten free plain flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Reese's peanut butter chips
Preheat the oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced) and line 3 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, caster sugar, cocoa powder and bi-carb soda in a large bowl. Then add the eggs and vanilla followed by the chocolate mixture until combined.
Stir in the peanut butter chips then roll approximately 1 tablespoon portions of cookie mixture into balls. Place, about 5cm apart, on prepared trays and bake for 15 mins. Set aside on a wire rack to cool.