Six months ago I got hooked on coffee so in honour of my new found tastebuds and for all coffee lovers out there, I made these Gluten Free Chocolate Espresso Brownies.
My caffeine addiction started one weekend with Jesse and I strolling down to our local cafe to taste their signature iced coffee. I loved the iced coffee so much I thought I should see what their lattes were like. Now… we stroll down every Saturday for a latte.
Anyway, back to these Chocolate Espresso Brownies. They’re super moist and have the perfect ratio of chocolate and caffeine. If you’re a non-coffee drinker I promise you will also LOVE them! The double chocolate in these brownies is bound to win you over.
I also must credit Donna Hay and Nespresso for the original recipe I adapted to be Gluten Free!
Thanks for stopping by!
- 400 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 120 ml espresso coffee (I used 3 capsules of Nespresso's Ciocattino variation coffee with a hint of dark chocolate)
- 280 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup gluten free plain flour
- Dutch cocoa, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 20cm x 30cm tin with baking paper.
- Place the prepared coffee, butter and half of the chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted. Allow to cool slightly.
Place the sugar, eggs and flour in a bowl with chocolate coffee mixture and mix to combine. Stir through the remaining chocolate pieces and pour the mixture into the tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked (as tested with a skewer). Cool in tin, dust with cocoa if desired and cut into squares then serve.
Here's the link to the coffee I used: https://www.nespresso.com/au/en/order/capsules/ciocattino-coffee-capsule
One thought on “Gluten Free Chocolate Espresso Brownies”
Pingback: 2014 in Review | Inspired By Boo