These Gluten Free Twix Biscuits are a genius idea! They’re a shortbread biscuit topped with caramel and chocolate. Whilst I would like to take credit for the original “twix” cookie idea, I have to thank Pinterest for that.
I also have to thank my husband for making an excess amount of caramel (for another baking project) that just so happened to be free to use for these Gluten Free Twix Biscuits. He tells me the caramel recipe he used was a little time consuming so to save time I’ve suggested ready made caramel from the supermarket for these biscuits. They will be sure to taste just as good!
Thanks for stopping by,
The Naughty Dietitian
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1½ cups gluten free plain flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ can (190g) Nestle Caramel Top N Fill
- 1 cup milk chocolate melts
- 1 teaspoon copha (vegetable shortening)
- Preheat oven to 170℃ and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Using the stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla, flour and salt and mix until well combined.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to ½ inch thick then using a small biscuit cutter, cut out cookies and place on baking paper.
- Bake for 14 minutes. Then remove from oven and let biscuits cool completely.
- Melt caramel according to package directions. Spread over cooled cookies. Let caramel cool completely before spreading on the chocolate.
- Place the chocolate and copha in a microwave safe bowl and heat on medium for 1 minute, then remove from the microwave to stir before heating in further 30 second increments until completely melted and smooth. Spread over the tops of cooled caramel.
- Let chocolate set by placing the biscuits in the fridge or freezer before serving.