Jesse celebrated his birthday Thursday and I decided I wanted to bake this Gluten Free Lemon Curd Cheesecake, but the original recipe was written entirely in Polish. Sometimes I like to do things the hard way!
Now most people would probably just look for a similar recipe in English, but I didn’t think of that. Instead I employed the help of Google Translate to convert the original recipe to English and modify it to be Gluten Free. After some luck and a few laughs I gave the recipe a shot and the cheesecake turned out really well. I even managed to finish a whole slice, which doesn’t normally happen as I often find the last few bites of cheesecake too much.
Anyway, in case you like cheesecake or lemon curd, or both – I thought I’d share my take on the recipe.
Thanks for reading!
- 125 g butter, melted
- 250 g gluten free plain sweet biscuits
- 500 g mascarpone cheese
- 500 g cottage cheese
- 160 g caster sugar
- 5 medium eggs
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon heaped gluten free cornflour
- 2-3 tbsp frozen mixed berries, for top of cheesecake
- Zest and juice of 3 lemons
- 2 eggs plus 2 additional egg yolks
- 180 g sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon gluten free heaped cornflour
- Preheat the oven to 180°degrees and line a 20cm round springform pan with baking paper.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Add butter and mix until just combined. Then press mixture over the bottom of the springform pan evenly. Refrigerate while preparing rest of the cheesecake.
- Using a stand mixer, mix sugar, mascarpone and cottage cheese. Then add eggs one at a time until thoroughly mixed.
Add lemon zest, juice and cornflour and ensure well combined before pouring the mixture on top of the biscuit base. After the cheesecake layer has been poured add frozen mixed berries or your fruit of choice on the top.
- Place a bowl filled with water at the bottom of the oven and place the cheesecake above, baking for 15 minutes at 180°degrees then reducing the temperature to 140°degrees and baking for 90 minutes. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight before adding the lemon curd layer.
- Place lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat on low and stir until sugar has dissolved, then remove from heat.
- Lightly beat egg in a medium bowl before adding the cornflour and slowly pouring into lemon syrup mixture. Continue to whisk mixture by hand for one minute.
- Return mixture to saucepan; add lemon zest and olive oil and continue to whisk while on low heat for about 2 minutes until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool before serving the cheesecake with a thick coating of lemon curd. As an added extra top the cheesecake with fruit as desired and slice to serve.
6 thoughts on “Lemon Curd Cheesecake Gluten Free”
What a beautiful cake!
Thank you! xx
yum, that looks amazing!
Thank you A Caffeinated Brunette and thanks for following me! xo
Pingback: Lemon Curd Slice (Gluten Free) | Inspired By Boo
Pingback: Chocolate and Salted Caramel Layer Cake (Gluten Free) | Inspired By Boo