What better way to celebrate Australia Day than by baking these Gluten Free Lime Lamingtons filled with Lime Curd!
Inspiration for this Gluten Free recipe has been sitting in my kitchen for about a year and after tasting these Lamingtons I honestly don’t know why I didn’t give them a go earlier. Absolute madness! The lime curd adds such a fun and fruity twist to traditional lamingtons.
Hope you all had a wonderful Australia Day and weekend!
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- ⅓ cup lime juice (approximately 2½ limes)
- 100 g butter, chopped
- 125 g butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- Zest of 2 limes
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup gluten free self raising flour, sifted
- 1½ cup icing sugar
- 4 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
Whisk eggs and sugar in a large microwave safe bowl, until well combined. Add juice and butter and microwave uncovered, on medium power (50%) for 6-8 minutes, whisking every minute, until thick. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
- Preheat oven to 170°C or 150°C fan forced and grease a 12 hole muffin tray.
Using a stand mixer or electric mixer, beat butter, caster sugar and lime zest until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream and beat until combined before folding in flour.
- Divide batter between muffin holes and bake for 15-20 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool lamingtons in muffin tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to completely cool.
Mix together icing sugar and enough boiling water to form a runny paste. Carefully roll each lamington in icing paste and then in coconut, gently pressing down to coat all over.
- Cut each lamington in half and spread lime curd over the base then sandwich together with the top of the lamington. Refrigerate for 10 minutes, until firm.
3 thoughts on “Lime Lamingtons Gluten Free”
Awesome recipe…thanks for sharing.
Reblogged this on Favourite Gluten Free Recipes and commented:
A clever twist on the traditional lamington.
Pingback: Lemon Curd Slice (Gluten Free) | Inspired By Boo