Nutella has been such a big hit these past 12 months, so I finally got on the bandwagon and made these Gluten Free Nutella Brownies, after a little nudge from my nutella loving husband of course!
The recipe comes from Nigella Lawson’s latest book, Simply Nigella and required zero modifications to be Gluten Free. Added bonus, the recipe only requires 4 ingredients (3 if you omit the icing sugar for decoration) and is super quick to make.
Perfect sneaky morning treat, or in my case, to take to my first mothers group.
Happy Wednesday guys!
The Naughty Dietitian
- 4 large eggs
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 270 g Nutella
- ½ tsp icing sugar, for icing
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a brownie tin with baking paper.
- Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment beat the eggs and salt until they are pale, mousse like and have more than doubled in size; this will take approximately 5 minutes.
- Microwave the nutella in a microwave safe jug for 1 minute at 750 watts, then stir and ensure the nutella is warm and slightly runny.
- Add the nutella gradually to the eggs, whisking as you go, until combined. This will reduce the volume of the eggs substantially.
- Pour the nutella egg mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 17-20 minutes, until the top is dry, and the middle set in a slightly jellied fashion.
- Leave to cool in the tin then cut it into squares. Feel free to dust with a little icing sugar to serve. The brownies will keep for 5 days in an air tight container.