If you’re a serious peanut butter fan, you will love these no bake Gluten Free Nut Butter Balls!
I was experimenting with a new recipe following my success with the Orange Cacao Balls I made a few weeks back. Whilst I can’t claim they are as healthy as the orange cacao balls, they certainly taste just as good.
Filled with peanut & almond butter, walnuts, dates, cocoa/cacao powder, a splash of chia seeds and small amount of biscuits (for the crunch factor) they bring together that rich nut taste.
A worthy afternoon treat and slightly healthier than eating peanut butter straight from the jar…
Thanks for stopping by,
- 50 g plain sweet gluten free biscuits. (I used Leda gluten free Arrowroot biscuits).
- 50 g walnuts
- 100 g pitted dates, chopped in half
- 2 tablespoons cocoa or raw cacao powder, plus extra cocoa powder to coat balls
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Process biscuits in a food processor or crush with a wooden spoon until fine crumbs formed. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Process walnuts and dates together in a food processor until the walnuts are finely ground. Then add all the remaining ingredients until mixture comes together.
- Form mixture into balls and dust with cocoa powder if desired.
- Chill balls in refrigerator then eat!