Over the last few weeks I’ve noticed a theme with my recipes containing citrus or summer fruit, including these Gluten Free Orange Cacao Bliss Balls. Think it’s the warm weather inspiring me but either way, these orange cacao balls have been a great new addition to morning/afternoon tea.
The fresh orange juice and zest is a refreshing twist to the standard coconut and cacao flavour and they really hit the spot when craving something sweet! Added bonus these orange cacao bliss balls are packed full of healthy ingredients.
Guess I can’t hide the dietitian in me all the time and occasionally like to share a healthier recipe with you all. Don’t hold it against me.
Thanks for stopping by,
Orange Cacao Bliss Balls Gluten Free
Servings: 18 balls
- 1 cup mixed unsalted nuts
- 1 cup pitted dates, chopped in half
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut, plus extra to coat
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1½ teaspoon fresh orange juice (½ orange)
- ½ teaspoon orange zest (½ orange)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Process nuts in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add dates and process to combine then add remaining ingredients until mixture comes together.
- Place extra coconut on a plate. Form mixture into balls and roll in coconut to coat.
Chill bliss balls in refrigerator then eat!