This Peppermint Crisp Slice is a great example of how my taste buds have changed into adulthood! You see, growing up I was always more inclined to eat lollies than chocolate. At some point in my adulthood that changed. Probably when I met my chocolate loving husband.
While I like chocolate with caramel or honeycomb bits my all time favourite is peppermint chocolate. So I felt the need to create a peppermint slice with a little extra kick of peppermint. The end result was this peppermint crisp slice, which has a lovely bit of crunch and perfect ratio of chocolate to peppermint flavour.
Thanks for stopping by,
The Naughty Dietitian
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup plain flour (I used gluten free but you can use normal flour if you prefer)
- 2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 50 g copha
- ¼ cup thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 150 g plain milk chocolate
- 3 (105g) Nestle Peppermint Crisp chocolate bars, chopped
- 35 g copha
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 9x13 inch baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine all ingredients for slice base in a medium size bowl and mix well.
- Pour biscuit base into baking tray and bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until firm. Allow to cool.
- Place ingredients for peppermint filling in a medium size saucepan over medium heat and stir until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and pour over cooled slice base then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Melt together the milk chocolate, 2 chopped peppermint crisp chocolate bars and copha in a small saucepan over medium heat until melted. Allow to cool slightly and then pour over the filling.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped peppermint crisp chocolate over the melted chocolate topping then allow to set in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Remove the slice from the refrigerator for 15 minutes before cutting into desired sized squares.