A few weeks ago I put in a special birthday request for this Gluten Free Salted Caramel Pecan Cheesecake and my wonderful fiancé was kind enough to make it for me.
Initially I thought the pecans might have been a bit much but it really finished off the cake. I also think it might just be THE best cheesecake I have ever eaten… Although the Lemon Curd Cheesecake I baked for Jesse’s birthday comes in a close second.
Now I can’t take credit for baking this yummy cheesecake but I can share the recipe.
Thanks for reading.
- 1¼ cups gluten free plain sweet biscuit crumbs (I used Schar Gluten Free Maria Biscuits)
- 60 g unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 750 g cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 60 g unsalted butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 large pinch sea salt
Heat the oven to 180ºC. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
Mix together the mare biscuit crumbs, butter, and sugar in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined. Evenly press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared springform pan.
- Combine the cream cheese and sugar in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix on medium speed until light, airy and smooth.
- Add the yolk and then the eggs one at a time, mixing completely after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and mix until blended.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean and the center of the cheesecake is just set (about 40 minutes).
- Turn off the oven, leave the door slightly ajar, and let the cheesecake cool completely.
Stir together the sugar and water in a small saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Let boil until the mixture turns amber in colour (about 3 minutes).
Immediately add the butter and stir to incorporate. Remove from heat, add the cream, and mix well. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Pour the caramel over the cooled cheesecake, then scatter the pecan pieces and sea salt over the top.
One thought on “Salted Caramel Pecan Cheesecake Gluten Free”
It looks very delicious. Let me head over to Jesse’s blog to see the manufacturing process…yes wishes!