Last week with an abundance of strawberries I baked these Gluten Free Strawberry Banana Muffins. They are low fat, packed with fibre and low in sugar. Perfect with my cup of tea this week!
I also baked the first recipe I ever posted on my blog – Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Gluten Free. I was reminded of how much I love rhubarb and pie, but really, who doesn’t love pie?!
I’d love to hear if you bake these strawberry banana muffins or my strawberry rhubarb pie. Thanks for stopping by The Naughty Dietitian
- 2 cups gluten free self-raising flour
- ½ cup flaxseed meal
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat margarine, melted
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 medium (or 2 large) sized ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 punnet (250g) strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tray.
Sift flour into a large bowl and add flaxseed meal. Stir in sugar and make a well in the centre.
- In a small bowl, whisk margarine, milk, egg, vanilla and banana together then add to the flour mixture and strawberries until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tray and top with 1-2 shopped strawberries for decorated effect (if desired).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched. Leave in tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.