In case you didn’t eat enough chocolate during the easter break (is that possible?) I thought I’d share with you one of my favourite brownie recipes, these Gluten Free Walnut White Chocolate Brownies.
I often bake these brownies for work meetings or afternoon tea with friends. Perfect for those that like a little texture to their brownies rather than a cake-like batter. You will be in heaven with just one small bite.
- 250 g butter
- 300 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1½ cups caster sugar
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup gluten free self raising flour
- 200 g walnuts, finely chopped
- 150 g white chocolate buttons
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced and line a 33 x 23cm baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl in the microwave for approximately 1 minute. Stir to ensure there are no lumps and set aside to cool.
- Whisk the caster and brown sugar with the eggs and vanilla extract until the mixture is light and doubled in size. Whilst still whisking, slowly pour in the melted chocolate and butter mixture.
Fold in the flour and chopped walnuts, then pour the mixture into the baking tray. Sprinkle the white chocolate over the brownie mixture. Note: it will sink into the mixture.
Bake for 30-40 minutes until a skewer or knife inserted into the middle of the brownies comes out clean. Set aside to cool before cutting up into small squares.